Golf Donation Request Guidelines
Iron Horse Golf Club makes contributions to not-for-profit, tax exempt organizations under Section 501(c)3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, including educational institutions and government agencies residing in and serving the Lincoln/Omaha area. In general, golf passes are considered for specific community institutions and programs aligned with Iron Horse’s mission to provide the best in leisure experiences that enhance the quality of life for our immediate area.
Iron Horse Golf Club does not donate golf passes to:
- Politically partisan programs, groups, or associations
- Traveling athletic teams, or clubs
How to Request a Donation
Organizations need to follow these guidelines when requesting the donation of a golf pass. Please note that due to the volume of requests, golf passes will be issued only as 18-holes of golf and a cart, for two players, for Monday – Thursday play.
- Submit a written request on organization’s letterhead with the address and phone number of the organization along with a contact name and title
- One request per organization per year will be considered provided the request meets the guidelines
- Request must include specific information regarding how the donation will be used (i.e. door prize, silent auction item, etc.)
- Must include a copy of the I.R.S. Exemption Letter verifying tax exempt status or sufficient documentation verifying governmental entity or educational institution.
- Letters should be directed to
Iron Horse Golf Club,
Attn: Donation Request
900 Clubhouse Drive
Ashland, NE 68003
Telephone, fax and e-mail solicitations will not be considered.
Requests are considered on a year-round basis and are reviewed in timely manner. However, approval time depends upon the completeness of the request and the number of requests received at any given time.